Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Capital Hill 6 miles

Current Mile total: 23 miles

Tonight was my last run with SRC before the Gorge trip. I went a little early so I could buy a new pair of running shoes. Those shin splints are not just because I'm building too fast, I'm also running in old shoes. I've been avoiding buying new shoes because I'm broke. Well, not entirely, but I'm trying to save for our wedding and I hate wasting over $100 for a pair of shoes that I'll wear down in just 15 weeks. Oh well. That's how it goes. I ended up buying a pair of Mizuno Alchemy. Maybe it's because my old shoes were so bad but these new shoes are sooo soft. Hopefully my shin splints will go away now. The run was typical. Nothing really stood out. Just took it easy and did the mileage. At this point in my training I think that's all I can do. Just get the mileage in.

I'm starting to get really excited about the Gorge. It's just a few days away before a whole new world of trails opens up to me and with new shoes on my feet I think I'm finally in the right frame of mind to really start piling on the mileage.

No comments: