Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Sammamish River Trail 7.5 miles

Current Mile total: 526.25 miles

Tonight was the first time I crossed the 520 to go to the running club. I was worried that it would take a long time to cross but traffic didn't start backing up until I got to the exit I needed so there was no real delay from my usual drive. A lot of people showed up tonight including an older gentleman Mark who claims he's a regular but this is the first time I've seen him. We decided on Fartleks. 2@4:00 2@3:00 2@2:00 1@1:00 I decided it was best considering my new goal of the 50k to take it easy and for the most part I did that. I pushed myself but not as hard as I normally would. Andre had a strong night and stayed in the front. Heidi, Jim and I shared the runner up and the rest hung close behind. A few of the girls decided to opt out of the fartleks and do an easy run. Afterward met up at Chipotle for dinner which is always fun. Socializing with the group is nice as I get more familiar with everyone. After dinner stopped at the DQ for blizzard with few other west side runners then headed home.
Good run but feel I might have pushed it just a touch too much for my current plans but not too bad. It could have been worse. My legs did feel heavy so I can see that the extra mileage will bog me down. I just have to play it safe and think about time and not speed. Weather was a little cooler than the norm of late, maybe low mid 50s with cool breeze. Overcast with light ocassional sprinkling of rain.

No comments: