Tuesday, April 14, 2009

City of Carson 11.5 miles

Current Mile total: 101.5 miles

I've got my auto-pilot back. Yup. There's that great feeling a runner gets once they've reached a certain level of training where it just seems that you could go on forever without much though or effort. I've finally reached that level. Of course I can't go on forever but tonight was a good run that gave me a lot of confidence in where I'm at. It was just my boring Tuesday road run to add on the miles but it seemed very easy. Especially after a big increase in miles last week.

And look, yay, my first hundred miles recorded. Hopefully that will go up by a hundred every other week or so from here on out.

Tonight's run did have some highlights too. On the way out I saw a field that had nearly twenty deer grazing. It almost looked like someone was raising them in a farm. As I ran by them they seemed to be just as interested in me as I was in them. On the way back I also so in a different spoke two deer on the side of the road quickly jump into the forest.

It looks as though my coming weekend may be a difficult one to get in miles as the mountains around here all got some snow in the upper parts. Hopefully it will warm up and melt that off real quick before the weekend arrives.

No comments: