Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Capital Hill ~4 miles

Current Mile total: 552.75 miles

Tonight I attended my first SRC (Seattle Running Company) Tuesday night run. It started out a bit chaotic. I thought 20 minutes would be more than enough to figure out parking but nope, apparently 35 was. So rookie mistake and now I know where to park. Fortunately for me another runner also showed up late I we caught up to the others together. The run was short, maybe four miles, maybe more, who knows. I think we ran north through Volunteer park and then up into Interlaken Park then back to the store. It was an easy run until we caught up with the others and turned around. Then I felt the need to try to catch up with the only runner I really knew, Jill, who runs with the East Side runners. So I ran like a jackass and almost got lost. After the run all the runners head over to a pizza place where they have a large table waiting with beer, salad and bread sticks. Because there were so many people there I only got a chance to talk to a few of them but they all seem like a real nice bunch and I think I'm going to have a great time on my Tuesdays. I didn't bring the camera tonight as I didn't want to creep people out the first time they met me so tomorrow will have my first running pic.

No comments: